The Business Challenge:
- At the heart of the financial crisis a major bank acquired a competitor and embarked on one of the biggest integration programmes in corporate history, the scale and complexity of which was unprecedented in either of the banks’ history
- This created a need for additional programme control and rigour, with a robust PMO capability to support delivery
- As a result, our client needed to build a single Corporate level PMO to help coordinate and drive the overall Programme.
How We Helped:
- Our team’s initial primary focus was to accelerate the integration programme by forming a Corporate Programme Management Office function, capable of generating Group-wide plans that would enable the mobilisation of teams and drive the programme forward
- Our team set up the interfaces and common working practices across the Bank
- We implanted a Group-wide governance and control to manage and assure delivery.
- The integration of these two major banks was an overwhelming success, generating savings of more than £2bn per year
- The Corporate PMO function continues to be at the heart of the current change agenda for the bank
- The core principles of the P2 Consulting Change Model extended to create a robust Corporate PMO & Group Change function.
For more information, please contact us